Guest: Kayla Andrade, Real Estate Investor & Landlord Advocate
Kayla provides insights and advice on being a landlord during these times and updates on the new bills and government programs available to tenants. Her main message is to network with as many landlords as possible, get to know them, where they are from, what they like to invest in and work together as a team for the protection of your rental properties.
In this episode you will learn about:
- What does a payment plan look like?
- New bills and updates on government programs
- Next steps/call to action for landlords
- Getting into property management
- Market insights and updates
- Steps to take when getting a new portfolio
Ontario Landlords Watch serves residential landlords and property managers, providing members with a vast network of resources from landlords, property managers, realtors elected officials, businesses, legal services, and consulting.
In their Facebook and private chat groups, they discuss topics that affect investors/landlords’ livelihoods, with the purpose of creating a dialogue for positive change. Subjects include, but aren’t limited to:
- The Residential Tenancy Act
- Landlord and Tenant Board
- Municipal by-laws that affect rental properties
- Case studies involving experiences with troublesome tenants.
Bottom line – OLW provides landlords with the opportunity to have their voices heard, in order to create solutions for the betterment of the rental housing industry in Ontario.
This episode has been brought to you in part by:
White Elm Design Build – https://www.whiteelmdesignbuild.com/