Martin Mei is a real estate investor with a natural instinct for spotting opportunities and the courage to take them. He began his journey in Montreal, turning a derelict duplex into a profitable investment in 2019. Originally planning to buy a condo beyond their means, a colleague suggested reading the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad made him reconsider his options. He learned the value of having tenants cover the mortgage and purchased a rundown duplex instead.
Despite the initial obstacles, he was determined to succeed. He optimized his duplex by converting living rooms into additional bedrooms and tackling challenges like dealing with difficult tenants head-on. His relentless drive led to discovering the New Brunswick market, where the cash flow potential was significantly higher. His journey in real estate investing was marked by continuous learning, adaptation, and a desire to provide value to his investors.
I realized that instead of just living with tenants, I could have more separation and privacy by investing in bigger units with multiple units under one roof. This allowed me to have tenants cover the rent while I had my own space. – Martin Mei
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover adaptable real estate investment strategies designed to thrive in any market climate.
- Leverage strategic partnerships and local teams to streamline your investment endeavours.
- Uncover why self-storage could be a scalable and recession-proof asset class to add to your portfolio.
- Explore the avenues to find profitable opportunities outside your local market.
- Gain insights from the impactful role of the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad in shaping effective real estate investing strategies.
Get in touch